Upcoming Intensive Yoga Retreats
Transformation & Healing
– Being at Home with Oneself –
@ Swami Dayananda Ashram & Yog Niketan Ashram
Rishikesh – Uttarakhand – INDIA
Yoga is a powerful tool of healing and transformation. We invite you to join us on an extraordinary journey in the holy city of Rishikesh, Uttarkhand / India.
Yoga has the almost magic power to bring calm and stability into a yoga practitioners life. A calm mind is able to concentrate and focus, and it inspires harmony in thought, word and deed in our lives. Living our life based on values helps us to gain a mind that is free of conflicts and free from regrets. Yoga helps us to make conscious choices based on the values that we carry in our heart and develop a deep sense of self adequacy and self acceptance.
The daily schedule during the retreats includes Asanas (based on Iyengar tradition), Pranayama & Meditation, Yoga philosophy, Sanskrit, Mantra chanting and Satsang.
RETREAT SCHEDULE 2020
10 Days Intensive Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh
@ Swami Dayananda Ashram
█ 22. Dec 2020 to 31. Dec 2020
Included in the retreat:
- All participants will stay in a single room with attached bathroom unless requested otherwise (couples can request double room)
- daily nourishing, sattvic vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- 3 times tea & coffee + 1 x snacks will be provided daily at different times
- free wireless internet access in the Ashram (around the office and also in rooms close to the office)
- Swami Dayananda Ashram has a beautiful new fully equipped yoga hall with Iyengar props at the bank of Mother Ganga
- access to the ashram’s library with a rare collection of spiritual books on Indian philosophy, yoga traditions and Indian culture
- a group outing towards the end of the program (details will be decided considering the groups ideas and suggestions)
- experienced homeopathic doctor available in the ashram free of cost
- Information & guidance for local sightseeing (before or after retreat)
Typical Retreat Program:
04:30 am – Ganga snanam (bath in Ganga) & tea/coffee (optional)
05:00 am to 06:00 am – daily Temple Puja with Rudra Abhishekam (optional)
06:30 am to 09:00 am – Hatha Yoga Alignment class
09:00 am to 09:45 am – Breakfast
10:15 am to 11:15 am –Sanskrit, Mantra Chanting
11:30 am to 12:30 am – Indian Philosophy, Introduction to Vedanta
01:00 pm – Lunch
03:00 pm – Tea & Biscuits
4:15 pm to 6:30 pm – Hatha Yoga Alignment class
6:45 pm to 7.15 pm – Ganga Puja / Aarti
07:00 pm – Dinner
08:00 pm to 09:00 pm – Satsanga / Cultural Programs
We start every retreat with a traditional Puja conducted by the ashram’s priests to invoke Ishvara’s blessing for a successful program for everyone. The group will also be participating in Ganga Aartis, a classical Indian Musical recitation/concert and cultural activities as per availability of local artists at the particular time of the retreat.
Who can join?
Everyone is welcome who wants to join the retreat program with an open mind and an open heart to invite change & transformation into one’s life.
As the retreat offers full day program during the 10 days, participants are requested to completely gives themselves to the activities and programs offered in the retreat and avoid all other activities for time being.
Erika Dalma Nagy
“Rakesh (and Diwan) are regular students of Rudra ji for more than 10 years who was one of the closest students of Iyengar ji. They are not only teaching but living Yoga. Furthermore, besides their deep understanding on anatomy, asanas, variations and sequencing, their teaching is deeply rooted in the cultural aspect of yoga. This method of teaching will make students understand yoga and put it into their daily routine in a revolutionary way.”
João José Borges – Brazilian – March 2016Professor of Sociology.PhD. (UNEB)
“Wonderfull teacher! He helps our body to wake-up and discovering the ways to development of yoga inside us. I had the privilege to learn with him and his method of learning help me to pay attention to some details that I never did before, along my ten years of yoga practice!”